Thursday, October 22, 2009

Yesterday.

Had a couple of firsts yesterday. Both of which were bizarre. The first being inside a car when it got totalled. We were turning left on a green (I was in shotgun) and we got side-swiped by a ford escape. Luckily the friend of mine who was driving accelerated, or writing this post may have been pretty fucking difficult. Either way, quite a harrowing experience. Its one of those things that you don't believe is happening while it is. The feeling you get when you look to your right only to see a speeding car about half a foot from your window is indescribable. Then the bang comes, and before you know it you've done a 180 and are facing the other way, with your door smashed in and glass all over the place. Thank whoever made those old Audi's so strong. I'm happy to say everyone involved was fine, save some pretty severe whip-lash.

The second first, of which may be a shocker to some considering I'm more or less a movie fanatic, was watching American Beauty. A decade of praise for this film and I still had never bothered to watch it. Well I can safely say that I was pretty blown away. Kevin Spacey's character has easily become one of my favorite film characters in recent memory. Its a bizarre, hilarious, moving film. If you haven't seen this one before, go rent/download/buy it...whatever. Just do it. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment