Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Moon Review

I finally saw Moon today. If anyone remembers I posted the trailer sometime during the summer, expressing the excitement I felt about seeing the film. I gotta say my excitement was not met with disappointment. All I'll say about the plot of the movie is this: Sam Rockwell has been on the moon for three years mining its energy sources (this takes place in the not-too-distant future), and only has two weeks left before he can head home. Then some strange things start occurring...really strange things. I know, from that description it kind of sounds like your generic run of the mill sci-fi thriller. But it is so much more than that. Rockwells performance is amazing. Which is a good thing, because he is the only person you see. He speaks, don't worry. He is taken care of by a super-computer, in the same vein as HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Only this time it's voiced by Kevin Spacey.

If you can't tell, I really enjoyed the film. Especially the soundtrack. The eerie music of Clint Mansell really drives the imagery and the emotion of the movie. Not surprising, considering he wrote the music for Requiem For a Dream and The Fountain.

Do not miss this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment