Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Long Weekend

Went to Toronto on the Thursday night (yes I am aware that's not the real weekend) to enjoy some clubbing. Went to this place called Strangelove. I was half expecting crazy psychedelic lighting, maybe with some 60s go-go dancers. There was nothing of the sort. The only other detail I can seem to remember of that place was that the song seemed to never change. The next morning while waiting at the corner of Sherbourne and Dundas for a streetcar, (remember this place is #1 in Toronto for crime) my friend Skyler and I were approached by a rather haggard looking gentleman. He told us he wanted to hang around us white guys because the police were looking for him, and he had 1500$ in his pocket. He then told me us white folks we were tougher than anyone else, which I found to be quite hilarious. Slowly as I saw a cruiser approaching, he took off like the wind, and told us he was never there. I'm still not sure if he ever was.

Friday night was the usual get shit-canned in Hamilton and go to Hess routine, where Che turns into a high school reunion. The only thing of note from that evening was witnessing some poor sucker get his face clobbered in by about four bouncers. Watching his nose get crushed about four times with blood pooling right under him reminded me what a bad idea it is to rush bouncers after you've been thrown out of the bar.

Saturday was interesting, as I was out until about six in the morning and had forgotten my house keys. Rather than trying to sleep in the garage again (I had tried this the previous winter, it was not pleasant), I called my house. There's nothing quite as embarassing as having to call your mother from your front porch at that hour, and asking if she could let you inside. Especially when your cousins are showing up the next day for thanksgiving lunch. I slept basically until they showed up. At 4:45 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment