Tuesday, October 13, 2009

News/Sports

Surprise, surprise, the Maple Laughs are playing terribly. They are still win-less this season, and until things turn around I am seriously questioning this man Burke's thinking. I mean, trading your first picks for the next two years, along with your second pick this year? Very, very risky if you ask me. Kessel is a good player, but he also had one of the best passers in the league feeding him the pick last year. This year he'll have Matt Stajan. Time will tell.

Other news around the NHL is that No. 1 pick Tavares is ripping it up, 5 points in three games. I'll admit I was doubting his abilities coming straight into the NHL. If things continue, I and many other of my friends will be eating our words.

Heatley is showing that if he's the center of attention and gets exactly what he wants, he can all of a sudden be one of the most threatening goal scorers in the league. Great for him, and the Sharks, but what a baby. But I guess if he keeps that up, Thornton and Heatley will be a lock for the Olympic team.

I don't even like baseball, but the Boston Red Sox got their asses kicked, as they should.

Now onto a much more pressing issue than sports. Obama. How in the hell he got awarded the Nobel Peace Prize is completely beyond me. The way the Nobel committee has been explaining themselves is kind of outrageous. They've been saying he got it because of the way he speaks about peace, and his intentions. His commitment to a nuclear-free world, peace in the Middle East, health care, blah blah blah. None of these things have happened. If these things had been achieved, then by all means give him every prize he desires. He'd be a fucking saint. But he hasn't. Not only has he not done these things, he's done the opposite of what peace means! A war in Afghanistan, a war in Iraq, health care bill being shot down in Congress, and not to mention the prison on Guantanamo Bay is still open. I seem to remember him saying (during his campaign) Guantanamo was going to be one of the first things he was dealing with when he took office. I'm not calling him a liar (yet), but to award this man the Nobel Peace Prize cheapens the validity of the prize itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment