Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wake Up Maggie

Downloaded a bunch of albums this week, which included Rod Stewart's Every Picture Tells a Story. This album features what is likely his most well-known song, Maggie May. I had never been a Rod Stewart fan before, simply because I would always see commercials of him on television as an old crooner, seemingly only singing for middle-aged women. How wrong I was. This guy fucking rocks, as does this album. The whole thing is great. Mixing various styles of rock and roll, Every Picture never gets boring, and I never skipped a track.

Who would have thought this guy, and the dude all fucked up on various narcotics were the same person:





I also grabbed Ohbijou's sophmore album, Beacons.

It's an enjoyable listen, but they seem to be just another re-hashed version of Arcade Fire. Only this time from Toronto, with more ukulele and banjo! This album didn't blow me away or anything, but its definitely soothing, relaxing music with some songs getting to the point of being boring (I'm looking at you, We Lovers and Jailbird Blues). Check it out, if only once. Good for a rainy day, but I don't see this getting up high on my rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment