Monday, June 1, 2009

The Prawns Are Coming.

Being a lover of foods that are generally terrible for me, I have discovered and become a fiend for...are you ready for it? Prawn Cocktail Lays. I know, it sounds awful. I was very hesitant at first. I'm not even really a big lover of seafood. I mean, the idea of powdered flavor from anything of marine origin combined with thinly sliced fried potatoes doesn't sound very good. Basically everything about the chips sounds and looks unappealing. I don't know what it is about a pink bag of chips that is so unnerving. Regardless, the preconceptions you may have of the chips projected into your brain by both the title and bag are quickly removed by the time you finish your first taste. I don't think I've ever been so surprised by a chip before in my life.

Maybe its because they are not available in Canada that I am so enraptured by their deliciousness. Either way, the idea of emptying my backpack of all my belongings only to be replaced by Prawn Cocktail chips becomes more and more appealing with each bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment