Saturday, June 13, 2009

Can't you tell I have a headache?

In typical French fashion, there's some kind of strike/demonstration going on in the main square of Lille (right where I live). Perfect timing, seeing as I'm rather hung over, and hand washing my filthy clothes in a bathtub. Seems like every week there are people out in the square rallying for something. More money, lower taxes, or just sticking it to the government in general. I'm starting to think that the French are simply just extremely lazy. But hey, they seem to get what they want so I guess it works.

Anyways, the reason I am so hung over is because I went to see Breakbot of Ed Banger Records spin at the Supermarket last night (a small, basement-like club in Lille, which can be hit or miss, depending on the DJ). Thankfully the music was good, because that place has an awful lay-out.

Check him out here:
http://hypem.com/artist/breakbot


Oh, and I came across a video of one of the 'deadliest' punchers to ever grace the NHL, Joe Kocur. Enjoy a highlight reel of his devastating punches, set to Motorhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment