Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pauly Shore Should Be Dead

It was the first day of classes today, so the night before I decided to stay in and try to start off the year not hung over.

Watched 'Pauly Shore is Dead'. All the bong hits in the world couldn't have rescued this film from being turned off an hour into it. Basically, Pauly 'The Weasel' Shore fakes his own death in an effort to see reactions from around Hollywood, and prove that once you're dead, you're a legend, regardless of how humiliating your career was. As a child, I loved Pauly Shore. 'Bio-Dome', 'Son-in-Law', and 'In the Army Now' were old time favorites. I used to think the man was hilarious. Clearly when I was younger there was something wrong with my brain, because after watching this latest film its made me wish that Mr. Shore truly was dead.

So out with that one, and in with another movie; 'Mr. Brooks'. The one with Kevin Costner as this murdering lunatic who has a split personality, portrayed by William Hurt. Oh, Demi Moore is in it playing the cop hot on his tail, along with Dane Cook playing some dude who wants to go murder people with Costner (one of the films weakest points). Although it was mildly entertaining, the acting was horrendous, and its impossible to take Costner seriously as a creepy murderer. I mean, I was half expecting him to go play baseball with his dead father at any second. However, we do get to see someone get totally fucking rocked by a shovel to the neck. Redeeming factor for sure. All in all, I wouldn't recommend either of these movies.

Anyways sorry I haven't been posting that often at all, internet access has been scarce since arriving in Guelph. Might have something to do with the fact that I left my power cord in Hamilton. Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment