Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another Weekend.

Did a few things of note this weekend, mostly involving alcohol. Friday night doesn't matter, it was the usual 'share a 60 of rum three ways and go downtown' routine, which was fine. Friday afternoon though, I went to see Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day. I was very optimistic going into this movie. The first film these boys made was pretty awful, at least for die-hard fans. This one wasn't much different, but the trailer and premise of the whole thing made it sound like it would be great. Not the case. It just felt like a really long, bad episode. And considering this is the last we'll see of them, it was a terrible send off.

Very disappointing.

Saturday. What an interesting evening it was. The previous afternoon, I had spoken to this thirty year old woman who came by, asking if her and her five girlfriends could come to my house, bring beers, and get shit-faced with us. After mulling this almost surreal situation in my head and calculating whether or not this could be some horrible trick, I said sure. These ladies had lived in my house ten years prior, and since it was homecoming they wanted to do something nostalgic. Before they arrived, I had spent most of my morning sitting on my porch sipping rum and cokes, yelling obscenities at passing Western students. I was pretty surprised no violence erupted, because I was not discrete about it. The women arrived, and we all had quite a good time. They brought us a case of beer, danced, chatted, and basically confirmed how funny this whole thing was for us, as our libidos surely were going insane, having a handful of wasted good-looking older women around. They eventually left. That night after a house party, I ended up at this place in Guelph called the 'Guggenheim' which is a small underground art gallery. They happen to serve liquor and allow indoor smoking. Fuck yeah. There were also zombies dancing around. That's right.

And now on this Sunday evening, I will soon be bending over and accepting that I've procrastinated for a whole week, and will be receiving the pounding in the form of a 'thematic article review'. Whatever the hell that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment