Thursday, August 20, 2009

Da Beach

Some good 'ol Hamiltonian friends came to visit Lille about a week ago. Driving from Berlin, Dylan and Alex managed to swing themselves a ballin' Mercedes C-Class. Not wasting any time with this pinnacle of German engineering, we decided to hit the road and go to a beach on the Belgian coast. Seemed like a good idea, until we hit the insane traffic. What should have been a one hour drive, took three hours.

It looked like this most of the way there.

When we finally did arrive, we had to park about two kilometers away from the damn beach. Wouldn't have been so bad, but we had to haul about 36 beers for the four of us in one cooler. Seemed worth it when we got there at least...


Then it all went to shit on the ride back, totally blowing our good day out of the water. Seemed that someone decided to have their car breakdown on a one-lane highway, and couldn't find anyone to push it the fuck out of the way.


At least there was a sweet sunset...

...and enough time to hop out of the car to enjoy some tasty beers.

Actually, after the first brew I had to immediately use the toilet. So I hopped over the barrier, and crossed the service highway/road that was not being used at the moment. With my beer, I decided to mark my place at the side of the road into the ditch. Whilst doing so, a police van came screaming down the road towards me honking and flashing its siren. I swiftly flipped it the bird, whipped my beer at its windshield, resulting in a horrific and fiery crash, cooking all passengers inside*.

In all, it took us another three hours to get home.



*I actually bitched out, cut off my piss, tossed my beer in the ditch and tried to look at innocent as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment