Wednesday, July 29, 2009

10 Days Off: Day 10

10 Days Off is a 10 day rave in Ghent, Belgium. About an hours drive from Lille. It attracts every kind of electro music you can think of.

This excursion into the middle of the Belgian club scene kind of came out of nowhere, seeing as I had no idea I was going until about 11pm. I had tried to go earlier in the festival, but all attempts to get there seemed to fizzle out. Luckily for me a free drive was on the table, and I immediately took it. I had already been in a daze when I left, considering I was drinking most of the afternoon, and inhaling some fine trees. We all piled into the car for an hour ride that seemed to go by in about 20 minutes. Might have had something to do with the incredible speed we were travelling at.

Obviously, more medicine was consumed upon arrival to the festival to offset the beer and greenery. The venue was very impressive; It was inside a very old Belgian building, renovated to accomodate such events, but kept the old style architecture inside and out. Thousands of people inside, completely lawless considering you can smoke inside, and basically do whatever you want. There were several rooms with different music styles to blow your mind, but we kept to the main room, mainly enjoying full bands rather than just DJs.

Heres a list of some of the people we saw:

Jonasty, from Belgium 23:00 - 02

Disko Drunkards, also from Belgium 02:00 - 03:00. These guys were pretty strange, but at the same time extremely entertaining to watch.



The Glimmers, Belgium 03:00 - 04:00. They were fucking awesome.
http://www.myspace.com/theglimmers

Who Made Who, from Denmark. 04:00 - 05:00. From what I can remember I thoroughly enjoyed their set.
http://www.myspace.com/whomadewhomusic

Then the Glimmers came back on once again, but sadly we had to leave at 7 a.m., as our driver was tired and sober. The next day was rough as hell, as I had to catch a train to Paris in the middle of the afternoon.

I hope I get another chance to check out this festival, because it was fucking insane. If you ever get the chance, absolutely take it. Blew any other electro festival Ive been to at home out of the water.


Anyways, probably wont be posting for about a week or so, as I am in Paris at the moment, no longer hung over, and am heading to the south of France for a bit. Going to soak up some serious sun and lots of wine.



1 comment:

  1. that sounds so pimp, very jealous. when are you back son?

    ReplyDelete